May 19, 2006

Lacy Washcloth




This is a washcloth that I made from a blue and white cotton yarn. I found the pattern for it in a little knitting booklet thing called Knit Dishcloth Sampler. It took me a few weeks to finish it. As you can probably tell, I'm not the fastest of knitters. The cables were really fun to do and I love how they came out.

The only problem is that after I first washed it, it became this ugly super wide short thingy. It isn't as pretty as it used to be now, but oh well. I mean it's only a washcloth, right?

3 comments:

MelissaKnits said...

Cotton does odd things when washed!

I think you should make a cabled scarf or hat out of some wool. You're well on your way to becoming quite the accomplshed knitter. This is a very good thing, because it means your mother can engage in more stash-growth with the firm knowledge that you will eventually use it all up for her if she can't get to it.

Persnickety Knitter said...

Oh, it is not ugly at all! It's quite lovely and I'm happy that I get to use it. It just got a lot wider after being washed.

Anonymous said...

Well, little lady, I love the dish cloth and think one would make a lovely grandmother gift!! Maybe Christmas??
xxoo
Grandmama